A little apprehensive

Today I have an appointment to get my hair done. I've gotten it cut here at a Japanese salon and was pleased, but color is a whole different thing! I decided to try the hair dresser at Mystique since she's American and uses American products. Mystique is an ok salon, it doesn't look like much on the outside, but it's run by American women so I don't have to worry about the language barrier. I've been going there for waxing, so I decided to give their hair dresser a try. I've even been there for a pedicure and although it was better than the base, it was disappointing. I'm just a bit worried and hope it comes out the way I want. I sent her an email with photos of how I'd like my hair with a description and ended it with a, "let me know what you think", but I never got an email back. So I wonder whether she even got it or she just ignored to respond. Guess I'll find out later today. She charges what Regis charges back at home, so to get what I want it'll be expensive and I want my money's worth.

This weekend wasn't too exciting. I worked Saturday morning with a coworker I hadn't met before. It was nice to see how someone else does things. She's a lot more laid back than the other girl and so I liked working with her more. Well, I guess I'm not the only one who thinks she's laid back because the manager today was giving me "tips" and she basically told me what I shouldn't or should do. Unfortunately some of the things I shouldn't do according to her, were things I was learning from my new coworker. Despite the demand for being a fast clean freak, work does seem to be getting better, so that's a plus. We're pretty busy with a lot of people leaving for Spring Break. Today I learned a bit about opening the kennel and running the front office. I liked being in the front office and wished I could just take care of the office instead of the kennels.

Back to Saturday ... so we went bowling, well I watched while the guys bowled and at night we tried a new restaurant that turned out to be just another noodle house. Luckily they had Vegetable Yakisoba (fried ramen noodles with vegetables) so I didn't have to order ramen noodle soup. And even though I ordered a vegetable dish, they couldn't help it but to put some ground meat in there. It was edible and tasty at first, but after quite a few bites I was over it and it definitely didn't hit the spot. When we went home I fixed myself an ice cream cone for a flavor change. Saturday I could not help it but to sleep on and off throughout the day. I was exhausted for some reason. Gian couldn't believe how much I was sleeping. I think it's my morning schedule. I've turned into a morning person and go to bed really early. I don't mind waking up in the morning as long as I get enough sleep. This morning, 5:15 am seemed like 9 am I was so rested.

Sunday we went to the yen shop to finish getting the rest of the supplies for the garden and had lunch at McDonald's. It was so delicious and we agreed we'd never be able to eat at a McDonald's in the states again. It looks like they added a new item to the menu for the Japanese. It looked like a hamburger but with bean paste in it. Yuck. They don't have biggie size here, but they have this jumbo coke. When I first saw it I thought there was a large coke inside a carton. But nope, just the coke inside the milk carton as I called it. You can open it like a milk carton and pour, or there's a small hole for a straw. It was a ridiculous amount of coke and the both of us couldn't finish one.

That day I decided to let my impatience give in and rent Twilight from base instead of waiting for it on Netflix. So after lunch at Micky D's, we went home to watch the movie. I loved the movie, and thought it was pretty close to the book. They did leave quite a bit out, but what they did have was close to the book I thought. It was neat putting actors to the characters. The picture of Jake in my mind was fuzzy because I couldn't remember how he was described and now I have a face to put when I'm reading. I was able to find the audible version of New Moon on you tube so I've been listening to that until the book arrives in the mail. I thought I was almost done with the audible, so I bought Eclipse, but it turned out I was only finishing page 1 of 3 or 4 so I have a while to go. I was debating whether to buy it because it's much cheaper on Amazon.com than at the bookstore. If I knew I was only finishing page 1 of the audible clips I would have ordered it online. Oh well, at least I know I have it and won't have to worry about not being able to read it when I want because I can't get my hands on it here. I hope the book gets better by the time the paperback comes because I would have a hard time reading the text myself right now. No Edward, No book.

We also took a drive to the base beach since it's open now to scope it out. It looked better when we drove by on the road than it did when we were down there in person. I know the water is brackish, but it looked more like a lake to me and I'm not a fan of lakes. I'd never get into that water and the sand looked too dirty to lay in to bask in the sunlight. I bet people would enjoy it more if it was a dog beach. There were two other people there with their pets even though it says no pets allowed. We need to go one of these days to scope out the real beach here nearby. I don't think we can swim because of bad rip currents, but maybe it's nice to lay out at. Otherwise I don't know what I'm going to do! I can't remember the last time I've seen my self this pale ... 6 years maybe? Beach bunny turned into transparent snow bunny. I wonder if everything in that photo will eventually turn green here. Seems more brown in the photos. I hardly have any photos of myself it feels like. I'm always taking photos and Gian doesn't offer to take any of me and I get tired of asking. It seems we have to be tourists for him to offer to take photos. I'm surprised his camera got any use in Korea. But now that I'm here with my camera of course we never even see his camera out anymore.

Will definitely post about my salon experience and photos later. *gulp*

1 comment:

Britnie said...

O me, I hope your salong appt goes good! I will have to go and read your other blog about it. It is ALWAYS so nerve wracking going to a new place. LOL at that coke! That is ridiculous!! And I know just what you mean about the camera, Lee hates taking pictures and being in them, so I am the one left to harassing him about it, lol.

Post a Comment