We are going to the Cherry Blossom Festival!

We can definitely tell it's becoming spring around here. It's not as cold, it's staying lighter out (thank goodness, because being dark at 4:30 pm got old really quick) and today it rained all day with no snow! I've seen it rain here, but not as heavy or for as long. Compared to FL it was just light showers. I still think it's odd not to see lightning or hear thunder. I can say I don't miss the daily FL thunderstorms though.

Today I received a call from the HRO office informing me that I've been chosen for the position at the kennel and if I'd like to accept. They told me there is no guaranteed hours, but I can work up to 40 in a week. Which is fine, it'll just be a part time job for some extra cash. I don't know when I'll start because I have to get a physical on Monday and turn in my background check paperwork in. I hope they don't need to pull blood work, I don't like needles but I doubt I'll be able to escape it. They are also going to vaccinate me against rabies I believe. I'm not looking forward to that either, but I'm sure somewhere along the road in my career I'd have to have it so better to get it now while they are paying for it.


We went to travel office on base to purchase tickets for the Cherry Blossom festival. I'm really excited about it and hope the 5000 trees will be in full blossom in a month and a half. Here is a photo I found online of the Hirosaki castle and cherry blossom trees. It's a good thing we went today because there weren't many seats left for the tour. We can tour the castle and eat traditional Japanese food while taking in the beautiful scenery. Since it's a tourist attraction, hopefully they will have yummy food that I'd enjoy.

Today we went to the BX to get a DVD player because TV helps me go to sleep and so I wanted one for the room so I could watch TV before bed. Gian has been wanting an XBox for a long time and today there was one on the discount pallet because it was opened and returned. So because we found it with a $60 discount we bought it. When we got home Gian had to go to work so we haven't tried it out just yet. But that didn't stop him from putting it away in the entertainment center above his beloved PS3 before he left for work. It is so cute to see him with new toys that I couldn't resist taking a photo of him with his new toy. It came with three games: Indiana Jones Lego and Kung Fu Panda. It said they came as a bonus and then there was another game in there. I don't know if it was supposed to be in there because it's not listed on the box.
We also bought Madagascar 2, and I can't wait to see it. I love the Penguins and Leemars. So I'm patiently waiting for Gian to get home from work so we can watch the movie. When we moved in we made a wish list of things we wanted for the house. It's nice to be able to cross off some of those things! Desk. Check. Xbox. Check. Cell phones. Check. DVD player. Check. Each weekend we've been checking the BX for TV sales. A couple months ago there was a good deal on a TV and Gian came really close to buying it. But he made the responsible decision of not buying it because we couldn't afford it at the time. We still haven't been able to find another deal like that one. I love our current TV, but it looks a little silly in the entertainment center that is designed for a large TV. So I can't wait till we can check that off the list along with more living room furniture and furniture for the guest room.

I got half my homework done this evening and decided to do it on the couch because it's warmer in the living room and I didn't want to turn the heater on in the office. What a mistake, the couch was so uncomfortable to sit on for a long period of time. My back actually aches from it! Tomorrow is the math workshop and I'm not looking forward to it. This chapter is so whacky and I just can't wait to be rid of the class. We don't really have plans for the weekend. The Xbox will probably keep Gian busy and I will be busy with math homework. Today we reserved a van from outdoor rec for our trip to Tokyo. Gian is excited about the road trip and I already know I will be stressed about getting there and back on time since it takes 8 hours to get there. Hopefully there won't be any surprises and driving there won't be too difficult. *crosses fingers*

1 comment:

Britnie said...

How fun! I bet that will be absolutely breath taking to see. Our dogwood trees are really flowering right now!

Congrats on the job!! Hopefully no blood work :shudder: When do you start?

LOL at Gian!! That picture is so funny, he's like my younger bro, he loves his vid games. Awesome discount too!

Gosh 8 hours is a long drive! Bring the lappy! hehe

Post a Comment