For the first time I'm keeping up with this season of American Idol. Before this season I never saw not one episode and I didn't understand what all the hype was about. Gian and I started watching it here and I've seen almost every episode. I missed some of the audition episodes in the beginning ... I wasn't totally hooked just yet. Viewers in the states get to see it before us, and I surprisingly haven't ran online to see the results and spoil the show for myself. But if we got to see it live too, I would definietly vote for some singers! Since Gian switched to night shifts he hasn't been keeping up but still likes to hear my report after each show. For the last four and a half years I've worked nights and weekends so prime time TV was not in my life. Here we only get 10 AFN (Armed Forces Network) channels and most of the time there isn't anything good on so I hate it when they show two good things at once. Why can't they customize it to what I want to see and when I want to see it? We don't even get regular commercials which really sucked the fun out of the Super Bowl for me this year. Oh well, it's better than nothing!
So it's been snowing on a daily basis. I'm quite annoyed with it considering I thought it was spring and we were done with seeing snow here. The first day it snowed after we planted the tulips I rushed home to get them covered. Earlier I researched online what I could possibly do for these tulips if it happened to snow. I cut the bottom out of a two gallon water jug to cover one, used an empty coffee can for another and then I had nothing plastic that was tall enough for my one more mature plant. I ended up getting a box to cover it and covered the box with a plastic bag. They seem to be doing alright and I just hope the snow doesn't kill them off. I felt like such an idiot the other day. I was on base when it began snowing and I wanted to rush home to cover the plants because it was coming down hard. I had been running arraigns and when I finished I was at a stop sign with a car in front of me that wouldn't move.
I waited a little bit, then I tooted the horn and they looked up and then back down so I waited a little more. They still hadn't moved so I got annoyed and decided to go around them. As I got up to their side I saw the clock ... 4:30 pm. I paused my IPOD and sure enough, I could hear the Star Spangled Banner being played outside. At least I was in the tonka, I was about to say my car, but it honestly is not mine so I'll refer to it as the beast or tonka. Well, it's mine for 5 months more if I slip and call it my own. I like it so much I might just get one for myself. It's just so nice to drive in the snow. Anyway, every day at 4:30 they splay the national anthem along with Japan's anthem. Usually we all scurry back inside a building to wait for it to be over because if you're caught outside you have to stop and pay respect during the entire song. I don't mean to be disrespectful to the concept, but when it's less than 30 degrees out, windy and snowing I get a bit resentful towards the reason why I have to stand out there. Last night most of the snow had melted and when I got up for work this morning sure enough the car was covered. It wasn't even fluffy enough to brush off, I had to scrape it off. It was strange, looked fresh but it was hard and icy. My hands went numb after trying to clear the car off. My shift this morning at work went alright. Tera let me do more on my own and I didn't exactly nail it. I don't have the routine down in my head to be as efficient with time as they are. They want it done fast and they want it done right. Next week Cindy scheduled me to work alone *gulp*. This morning it wasn't hard getting up at 5:15am and I was awake and ready to go pretty quickly. When I get to work I have to start at such a quick pace that I suppose that wakes me up as well. It's early, but it's nice to be done with work before the day has really started. I got my first paycheck today and that was a good feeling since I've been out of work for about four months now. I wanted to spend it on clothes right away but I behaved and didn't buy anything. I still need to pay back Zelda's trip. On the new schedule for the next two weeks I will get at least 34 hours so I'm happy about that.
I bought Twilight the other day to see what all the excitment and obsession was about. Last night I had a hard time putting it down and am up to chapter six. After I'm done watching TV tonight I will crawl into bed and read until I can't keep my eyes open or I force myself to put it down so I'm not too tired at 5:15am. Gian wants to see the movie, but I told him we couldn't rent it until I finished reading the book. Watching the movie first sort of just ruins the book for me. I feel like reading the book isn't as much fun. Nicole is going to read it with me for the third time. I've never read a book twice, certainly not three times, but I did start to reread Dark Horse because I couldn't check out Twilight at the library. Thus why I buyed it, I didn't think I'd be able to check it out and Nicole talked me into it. I think there are three books after this one so I got some reading to do!
Baby Z is doing well.
She is entertaining me each night and keeping me company. When I got home after work this morning Gian said she was terrified of hearing the snow fall of the roof. I remember when we first moved in I was also scared when I heard this. It's not very pleasant, but I got use to and so will she. It is a loud random sound and sometimes it sounds like a
sliding glass door or window being opened roughly. The heaters also use to make noises that I didn't like but I don't hear those that often. But Zelda and I will hear a random noise in the bathroom that is a bit creepy. Couple nights ago it sounded like something fell but in the morning nothing was out of place. Last night Gian got home 6 hours early, which I couldn't believe, and Zelda was growling when she heard the car door. She's not an ordinary cat. She's smarter than the
average cat and some dogs, too. I love taking photos of her and I got some really cute ones last night. She looks so executive in the office. She has these crinkle paper toy mice she loves to play with. She seems to really enjoy the sliding effects of the wood floor. She has learned that when she gets a toy under the entertainment center that she can wiggle under there, turn on her back, put her back paws on the entertainment center and push herself so she can slide out. She looks so executive in the office chair. I feel like I'm being called in to speak to the boss in this photo.
And now to test out my home made video on blogger: (which takes a LONG time to upload!) Ok, I canceled it because it was taking too long. Any tips?
Well, off to read Twilight!
1 comment:
That is a COOL lookin ride yall get to use!! Love it! And that is odd about the anthem thing, huh! Never knew! I hope your flowers are okay! I have some daisys in hanging pots on my porch that have been droopy lately, no idea why! But they looked better this morning, yeah.
Yeah you got Twilight!! I knew you would like it. Its SO hard to put down. The first book is the best, I liked the 2nd too. The 3rd is not so great, and the 4th is WEIRD. Lol, but good. I know what you mean about reading the book before the movie, I do the same thing. And the movie leaves SO MUCH out. So you will have a way better idea of whats going on. You'll prolly be a little dissapointed in it tho.
LOL! Zelda is so cute!! How funny is that pic with her climbing under the ent. center hahaha.
Oh, and don't bother uploading on blogger, its REDICULOUSLY long. Just link it with youtube or myspace or something.
Post a Comment