This past weekend we ordered the matching love seat to our sofa and the coffee table! I'm so excited and I can't wait for them to arrive. They say it takes between 3-6 months, but Laura's got here in two months so I'm hoping ours won't take longer than two months. I decided not to get the end tables because the room will just be too crowded and so I decided to get a rug instead. I haven't been able to find one so maybe I will by the time the furniture arrives. We also ordered curtains from JC Penny and they are on their way. They are a ivory/champagne color so I think it will go great with the colors we already have in the living and dinning room. We also finally bought two nightstands from the furniture store on base. I asked a few days before Gian and I went how much they were and the woman told me around $400 each so I said forget it! When I went with Gian I decided to ask again and the man told us $150 each and there were only two left so we snagged them. I'm glad I asked because I had resorted to clearance nightstands that didn't even match our bedroom and browsing end tables online to use as nighstands. These look like they were made to go with our bedroom set! The only thing is the handles don't match, but I never did like those much so I want to replace all of them. I can't wait for the house to be finished and our next project when we have money will be the guest room.
My manager at work asked if I wanted a dog, but she was referring to her cat that thinks he's a dog. We have been thinking about getting a friend for Zelda because we feel bad when we leave her alone for a long time. She's not as independent as some cats and is very social. His name is Chico, he's 7 months old, already declawed in the front and is neutered. He's white with orange ears and orange rings around his tail and looks like there's some orange throughout his coat. We're sort of tossing out the dog idea for here. They're just so expensive and the Japanese dogs just don't seem to be that great of quality. So Gian and I decided to wait till we get to the states to buy a dog unless something pops up here. So we'll see what happens with Chico. I asked my manager if we can meet him and see how he gets along with Zelda first.
Monday was an awesome day out and so Laura and I went to the beach to walk. There were so many seashells washed up and this time I had told myself I didn't need anymore, but I couldn't help myself and ended up carrying a bunch back in my hands. I am a seashell junkie ... clearly. There were perfect sand dollars without cracks or holes and even STARFISH. We decided to go again soon to go seashell hunting. I want to do something neat with them. Maybe like a breakfast tray ... but first I need to get them in a bucket with bleach cause those starfish stink pretty bad.
This week I've been working closing shifts to learn how to close. I prefer these hours so much better and wish my schedule could stay like that. Yeah right, it's only this week for training purposes. Closing isn't bad, there's just a bunch of tideous paperwork with a lot of steps to memorize. After this week I only work like four shifts over the next two weeks. It's not bad, but I work early in the morning and then come back to pratice closing. I'm counting the days down till my coworkers leave!
Gian got out of work early tonight which is AWESOME and we're supposed to watch a movie but he snuck onto the Xbox to play with my brother so I think I'm going to go read Breaking Dawn. I can't tell whether I like this book or not just yet.
So that's about it for now...

No comments:
Post a Comment