Relaxin'

It was a really nice day out Tuesday so I asked Laura if she wanted to lay out at the beach. We went to the beach near the port where they've made a lagoon for swimming. Not that we'd swim anyway because the water is really cold year round. This beach is kept cleaned though so it's nice for the scenery, but the usual beach we go to is better for collecting seashells. There were no clouds in the sky so I was looking forward to the outcome. We stayed out there for an hour and it felt really good but towards the end it got chilly because of the breeze. My face was a little red afterward, but I didn't get color like I would have in Florida and that was disappointing. It seems like it'd be hard to get a good tan even if I laid out daily and there were no clouds! I don't get it.
When we got home Gian was home from work so we got ready to go swim at the indoor pool. We were there for an hour and it was a good workout but a bad time to go because the kids were having swim lessons. After swimming Gian swung by this guy's house who was selling rims for $30. Gian has been wanting to get a new set of rims for the winter tires so he doesn't have to swap the rims out when it's time to change tires. They ended up not fitting though so he decided to just learn how to change them out himself at the auto hobby center.

Yesterday I got up early to go to a cash handling class for work. It lasted for only an hour and it counted for two hours of work so that was cool. I came home and after washing the dishes I wanted to watch Lost in Translation cause it's more entertaining to watch American movies in Japan now. I fell asleep though and missed half of the movie so then I started to read Breaking Dawn but I couldn't stay awake at all. I napped some more and then Laura called so I chatted to her a bit and then napped more. When Gian came home we left to pick up Laura and go to the BX and commissary. I wanted to go to the BX to look at shoes and I found a nice pair of New Balance's for $16.97 that were marked down from $67.75. I couldn't resist and were lucky they had my size! I started to look at sunglasses and found a pair of Gucci sunglasses that I liked. I was really surprised they were only $89 because suggested retail was $310 and there was only one pair so I had to snag them. I looked them up online and the lowest I saw them for was $112 and the highest was $232 so I think I did good. Then I looked up the shoes online and the cheapest I found those were $50. Woot. We did some grocery shopping for dinner and then we all came home. We made some kabobs with steak and veggies for Gian to grill and also some small steaks, rice and salad. They turned out really yummy! We also bought a frozen cheesecake but it was real disappointing. It was like a cream pie and didn't have a cheesecake texture or much of a cheesecake flavor. After dinner Laura taught us how to play Texas Hold Em' and that was fun. I think the more we learn how to play the more fun it will get. Then we played scrabble and it was a good game with a close score. Well, close between Gian and Laura ... cause I was way up there ;) I also won the poker game but I won't boast about that much because I know Laura and her husband play a lot of poker and will kick our butts. It was beginner's luck...

Today I'm relaxing at home and am watching The Breakfast Club now. School starts next week so I'd like to finish Breaking Dawn before then. I don't have much left to read. I can't wait for New Moon to come out! I think it comes out in November. I have to work this evening but that's ok cause I prefer working the evening shifts.
We now get email notifications from the post office for packages and I got one last night so today I went to check it out but it wasn't my planner refill, it was an external hard drive Gian bought. On Saturday I can call Coach for them to resend the planner refill cause it's been 30 days so it'll be considered lost. My checks also finally arrived but not the labels so I thought maybe they'd come a day later but nothing ... so I probably have to call them too. Ugh...

2 comments:

AFWifey said...

lol You bragger!! :p I still find it amusing that your sunglasses were WAY more than your shoes. :D They are bitchin' glasses though. Word. We shall play more poker and stuff. I'll bring over actual chips this time. :D

Britnie said...

Ahh, I love laying out, it must be even more fun on the beach! Sucks the sun doesn't know how to be have right over there, lol.

GREAT deal on your shoes!! And although those sunglasses were also a good deal, there is NO way I could pay more then 30 on a pair of sunglasses, haha. They are cute tho ;)

You still not done with breaking dawn?? Where you at? I finished a few days ago. I can't wait for new moon to come out, I believe it is nov too. Hey, Sims 3 comes out next month!! :so excited!!:

Post a Comment