The Aquarium

Over the weekend Gian, Laura and I went to the Asamushi Aquarium. It's about an hour North from us and even though it was rainy, it was still a beautiful drive up there. The scenery was so green and it felt like we were in the mountains. The aquarium itself was small, but they did have a lot of neat things I've never seen before at an aquarium.


So those are some of my favorite photos from the aquarium. I thought the jelly fish were the coolest. After the aquarium we went home and waited for this Chinese restaurant to open. All the restaurants around here close during the afternoon for a couple hours and then reopen to sever dinner. It's pretty annoying when you're hungry. This Chinese restaurant was pretty good... much better than the other ones I've tried. Their fried rice wasn't mushy like the others. I ordered chicken fried rice and it didn't have vegetables mixed in it so that was the only downside. After dinner we played Texas Hold Em and Scrabble. Laura and I both won a game of poker and Gian kicked our butts at scrabble. After the games we watched Scrubs since Laura's cool uncle bought her all the seasons. Sunday we watched some more Scrubs and when we decided to get off our butts we went grocery shopping. It was packed more than usual and so we tried to do speed shopping and then get out of there. The man who bought our sofa was coming this afternoon to pay it off and pick it up. So he did and Gian went with him to help him get it into his house. I was a little sad to see it go!
While he went to go and do that I left to go get a hair cut at Hair Prisim, which is the Japanese salon I first went to. I was lucky enough to get the girl who cut my hair the first time because I couldn't remember her name. She did a wonderful job and I decided right then and there that I was just going to stay with her. I brought my side bang back that I had grown out and it's nice to have something different. I'm going to let her color my hair next time so we shall see how that goes!

On Monday school started. Well, the on site Japanese class Laura and I are taking started. Our other online classes don't start for another two weeks. There aren't many people in our class and our teacher is a small older cute Japanese woman. We're learning common phrases and how to write in Romanji. Romanji basicsally uses the English alphabet to write out words in Japanese for foreigners since the symbols can be overwhelming.

Monday night since we didn't have any homework I finished Breaking Dawn finally. The Twilight Saga is finished finally! I can't wait for New Moon to come out. I know I said we'd never go to see a movie on a premiere night here again but I don't think I can help myself for this one! Well, maybe we can go to the Japanese theater in the mall. Their theater is supposed to be awesome with stadium seating and assigned seats that you pick out.

So today I have class again and then I'm going to clean the house since I won't feel like it the next few days since I have to work.

3 comments:

Britnie said...

I cant wait for new moon either!! Have you seen the trailer yet?? I'm not real impressed with it...it makes the movie look REALLY cheesy, which I'm hoping its NOT. But the end part is REALLY cool, you'll know what I mean when you see it, hehe.
Here it is in HD: New Moon Trailer

The pics you took of the aquarium are AWESOME! So pretty!! I love that big island out in the ocean too, how cool! So pretty.

Glad your hair came out good! I SO need a hair cut, ughhh. So how is class going so far?? I've never heard f Romanji, neat idea tho, those symbols ARE overwhelming!!

Britnie said...

Okay, I said so pretty twice in the same paragraph, what a dork.

AFWifey said...

lol Shout out to my Uncle, huh? I'm sure he'd appreciate it. Let me know when you need the third season. :D I was wondering when you were going to post about the aquarium. Nerd.

Post a Comment